The Great Convergence: ReMix

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Great Convergence: ReMix

A remade video game crossover RP, based around the concepts of Kingdom Hearts

3 posters

Falling from the Heavens

Gregzilla
    Gregzilla

Falling from the Heavens - Page 2 Empty Re: Falling from the Heavens

Post by Gregzilla Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:39 pm

Naito was muttering to himself, eyes drifting to the ground. Three different, dangerous people all at once. A new celestial. A woman named Azumi. A man with the two of them who could work against divine might. Was this-

No. He couldn’t lose control here. He couldn't make a scene trying to prevent a repeat of history. This man had done nothing.

Not even that, no. Nothing, no use of his abilities, not here. He had to stay calm, had to keep away. No helping, no sudden moves. No, not that one either, that would cause much more harm. But what if…

A laugh from a child nearby was all it took.

Azumi's expression turned to a frown at the sudden hostility all around. Of course he was probably having some strange things around him, but without his help she would have been sick again. Though she saw the green-skinned woman, one she did eye up a bit under her hood, she first responded to Rikka, her voice not quite having an edge, but definitely not entirely soft either as her hand clasped around that of her good friend.

"James told me he has a kind of anti-power field. The light here… it makes me sick. He helped me out of the crash, and helped me around to find you. Are you-"

"Shut up!"

Azumi looked off to the side as the man with white hair dropped into a crouch, holding his head, which itself was between his knees.

"Leave me alone!" Naito shouted at entities nobody could see. "Not now!"

She was shocked, but the woman recognized the signs quickly enough. They were different, possibly due to other mental health issues… but she knew at least some of what to do, her immediate response being to see this young man as a child in distress, unaware of the magical snd psychic power that was roiling inside of him.

Taking a deep breath, she took one step away, and looked at this white-haired, prosthetic hand-using person. Her pain began to emerge again, as did some nausea, causing a bit of a stumble as she instinctually put an arm around the angel's waist, but she still remained looking, tuning in to the empathic reading she had learned to harness from Master Riku for a moment. She could see his fear, his self-hatred, his despair. Much more beyond as well, only a bit of it any good and all directed at the engineer.

"Hey, kid," she muttered softly, stepping back to James, pulling Rikka with her without thinking as she worked to lower her pain, doing so with success once he was touching her again, and dropping into a crouch to see eye to eye, letting go of both of them but remaining in close enough proximity to make pain not a problem. "What's your name?"

He remained silent for the moment, muttering to himself, but she just pulled back to sit down on the ground, waiting.

As she sat there, she looked to the green skinned one, then James, then Rikka, trying to keep her voice level, which was not hard for her given experience and his presence. "Do you know a place out of range of this thing? Or otherwise a place we can talk. I think he," she motioned to the one with white hair, "might need to hear what I have to say." She then looked back to the woman she had yet to get a name for as she stood again, her expression calm, but hoping it would show she truly meant to help. "If you are his… caretaker, it is alright if you do not think I should. But I think he may have… some experiences I understand. I leave the decision in your hands. I am Azumi, but I assume you heard about that already."
    Shining Goetia

Post by Shining Goetia Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:49 pm

Kara placed her weapon away as she kept glaring at James. Her suspicion towards him deepened when gave a vague answer as to how his powers worked. The engineer didn't trust the blond man, not after what happened with Cain and what he somehow did to Naito back in Agrabah, inside of the Cave of Wonders. It was his yell that snapped her out of glaring at James, her anger replaced with worry and moved towards him carefully.

"Nai! Nai, I'm here. Just.... Just look at me, okay?" Kara said, only having seen his outburst once, and even then it was because she was also not in her right mind due to some strange tomes he kept. Kneeling down, she stretched one arm ahead, hand opened as if to place it on his shoulder. "Nai... I'm here for you." The engineer then turned her head to look at Azumi, who also tried to get his attention. After hearing what she had to say, the engineer shook her head.

"Even if there was I don't think it's a good idea to move him right now. Who knows what would provoke him further?" Kara answered. "No offense but I really doubt you can help, even if you had similar experiences. But go ahead though. Just stop and pull back if it looks like he'll lash out at you. By the way, name's Kara. Now we're fair on the naming front."
    Sorin
    Sorin

Post by Sorin Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:07 pm

James watched as the man, Nai, seemed to be having some kind of mental break, likely hallucinations based on what he was saying. There was little James could honestly do about it, if he cared to do something. Doing something just might upset him further and that would likely cause Kara to distrust him further. Right now Kara seemed to be the naturally distrusting sort so James had to be careful so he didn't give her any legitimate reasons to distrust him.

"I agree with Miss Kara. Moving is too risky right now." James said as Azumi kept herself close to him, likely taking advantage of his anti magic field to protect herself from the Cornerstone of Light. "As Miss Azumi said, I have create a field around me that negates powers. If I touch him I can fully prevent him from using his powers but it would be best if I only do that if he becomes a danger to himself or others.." He added much to his internal annoyance. He had to play up being a good person so that meant having to reveal the nature of his abilities. It would likely get around even if no one knew the full extent of what he can do.

Rikka glanced at James as he admitted his powers. Now that she was closer to him she could feel something off that was likely due to his abilities. It was disconcerting now that she understood it and realized what it meant. Still right now the much more important thing to deal with was Naito before he hurt himself or someone else.

"Are you sure about this Azumi?" Rikka asked. She glanced back at Naito. Was this related to the Celestials he had asked her about earlier? She didn't know enough about him to help and she wasn't sure how Azumi believed she could help. Kara seemed to know what is going on but it was impossible to tell if Naito was going to get better or worse. At least now he wasn't trying to fight them so they should be able to calm him down.
    Gregzilla
    Gregzilla

Post by Gregzilla Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:54 pm

Azumi nodded to the various assessments, but otherwise remained quiet for a moment more, looking at the young man with white hair crouched before her.

"Kid," she said, her voice deliberately level. She had to be the calming influence. Had to defuse the situation. Or try, in any case. "Nai, right?"

A hesitant nod, the voice quieting down a bit.

"I am--"

"Azumi," he cut her off. "Like her."

Another moment of silence as she considered that. "Yes, but your partner needs you to look past that. The one with the green skin."

Naito tensed. They wouldn't shut up, wouldn't stop reminding him of Azumi, of the one of those who were surely dead or blamed him. The laughter, the hideous, mad laughter…

A pulse was relatively weak, but she was lucky that she had sat down. While she likely could have remained on her feet despite the invisible energy wave headed her way using reflexes, it was best not to risk it, especially given she had barely any hint, just a kind of… psionic energy? Not like Master Aqua's training. Still, it emitted outward anyway, possibly pushing anyone else back who was unprepared.

Not lowering her hood, the woman took another breath. "Nai-"

"Naito." The word was curt but effective.

"Right, Naito. Look at your companion." As he did, she gave instructions, her voice keeping the same tone all along. "Take a deep breath." She demonstrated, inhaling a sizable amount, then letting it go.

He did so, inhaling as much as he dared, eyes filled with internalized pain as he kept looking to Kara.

"That's good. Now exhale slowly."

Again he listened, again he did as he was told, too scared to do anything else. He felt as though a weight lifted, even temporarily.

"Now inhale."

This continued for approximately five to seven minutes, during which people gathered every so often. They were waved off by her, adults a bit more roughly than children, but she kept focus on the man who seemed to suffer from post-traumatic stress.

Every once in a while, she could see him shakily reach for something at his waist, but another instruction would get his attention again. As she did, she even though she saw something emerging from behind him. Wings? Devices? It was unclear. But they seemed mismatched. One dark, one light. Not unlike her and Rikka, in a way.

Finally, he had calmed, his muttering stopping, his pain and fear giving way to shame. At that, Azumi stood up, having almost forgotten the other travelers around her.

"I do not believe we got your name?" she asked the green skinned woman.
    Shining Goetia

Post by Shining Goetia Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:33 pm

Kara watched as Azumi sat down besides Naito and spoke to him. She stared in surprise as the cloaked woman spoke to Naito in a calming manner, as if she had done this before. The engineer watched as Azumi continued calming the snow white haired young man down, finding herself stared at by him in the process. Yet, she didn't react, still in shock that someone could manage to actually calm Naito, something she herself knew had trouble doing so.

Kara watched the two closely for seven minutes, watching the two, even as some passerby got curios and had to be waved off. She did notice his wings come out and hoped the others hadn't seen it. The engineer had never asked Naito about them and she was hoping the others wouldn't do the same or worse, pressure him. "Kara Newton." She finally replied, looking at Azumi as she got up. "And thanks. I really appreciate the help with Naito."
    Sorin
    Sorin

Post by Sorin Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:24 pm

While Azumi worked with Naito, James made sure they were left alone. As he had to look like he cared about Naito even though he didn't. Every so often he would glance back at the two. Azumi seemed to have some experience with this sort of thing, seeing how she managed to keep Naito calm despite earlier looking like he was on the edge of a full breakdown. He also did notice what appeared to be wings behind Naito as well. Something to keep in mind for the future.

Once Azumi had calmed Naito down, he took a step closer, just to make sure she was just in range of his field. Close enough to argue that he was trying to protect her from the Cornerstone.

Rikka sighed in relief that Naito had calmed down. A part of her wondered if this was her fault as he apparently had a past involving winged, angelic beings but there was no way to know without asking and asking right now would not be kind. Still now that the crisis had past Rikka could fully turn her attention to Azumi.

"You really had me worried Azumi." Rikka scolded her, hands on her hips. "I thought you had died when I saw you get hit by those Heartless! You need to be more careful!" Despite what she said one could hear how worried she had been and how relived she was to now see her companion safe and sound.
    Gregzilla
    Gregzilla

Post by Gregzilla Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:04 am

Naito just stood, head a bit bowed in shame. He did not know what to do about all of this, especially after the harm he had caused. Still, he did not apologize, did not say anything at all, just remaining close to Kara.

Azumi, on the other hand, sighed. "Look, sorry about that. I thought if I could get them away from you, I could get out. I am still getting used to escaping the Dwellers in these kinds of transports. Or seeing them as escapable at all."

She looked to the group, eyes lingering on Rikka most of all. "I do think we have caused enough trouble in the area. Should we all go somewhere else? I may need to keep close to James here, at least until we can get off world." Still, she did acknowledge the others. "Newton, Naito, you don't need to stay if you don't want. You did what was asked of you, I assume."
    Shining Goetia

Post by Shining Goetia Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:13 pm

Kara simply walked over to where Naito was and placed a hand on his shoulder. She was glad that Azumi was able to calm him down but felt guilty that in her attempt to bring him here to relax, instead had the exact opposite effect. The engineer looked back at her and nodded. "That'd be a good idea. We need to move somewhere else. Now." She answered, adding emphasis to the word now. Kara was still worried that her snowy haired friend would lapse back into his episode, still not sure what had caused it besides seeing Rikka.

She simply nodded and started leading now. "We're not leaving this world though. Not yet." The engineer glared at James, still not trusting the blonde guy, despite his ability helping Azumi stay in this world. Not even her own dislike of Rikka's behavior would mean leaving her to be possibly backstabbed by James, like Cain had done to her and Naito before. "Not like he did that much anyway. Just pick up something he shouldn't have then ran away when Nai was in pain." She thought to herself.
    Sorin
    Sorin

Post by Sorin Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:22 pm

"We did cause quite the scene here so it would probably be best to move on." James said, looking around. Still he followed after Kara, noticing the glare she sent his way. He managed to easily hide his true feelings by looking a little upset at how she was treating him even though internally he was more focused on why she was acting this way. Had she noticed something or was she just paranoid. It seemed to start when he first talked about his powers. If that was the case he already had an easy excuse for why he was so vague and could potentially turn her suspicions around on her and make her look paranoid to Rikka and Azumi.

As the group walked away from the crash site, Rikka kept looking over at Azumi, making sure that she was still okay. She understood why Azumi had to stick close to James, even if it was such a strange feeling to be so close to the man. Still despite the way Kara looked at him, James seemed to be trustworthy so far. Of course Rikka would keep an eye on him, as after all that power of his was rather dangerous.

"I do understand but be more careful. I can handle myself so there was no need for you to try something like that." Rikka said as she kept close to Azumi.

"Do you think you want to look around some? Since we are here, we might as well take some more time to help you recover. If James is alright with it." Rikka added, glancing at the blonde man who smiled and nodded.
    Gregzilla
    Gregzilla

Post by Gregzilla Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:15 pm

"Can do," the hooded woman replied to the angel, walking onward. Her tone remained relatively level, calm overall. She did feel a bit guilty about it all, but like her other emotions, it seemed... lessened. "We can go over to get some things to drink or eat, whatever it is you all need. I just need to get off this place, or to a part that's shielded from the light."

Some of the civilians gave her an odd look as she said that, but she didn't really bother to hide it at that point. Too much effort.

"... Have for food," Naito said after some time, having kept close to Kara and not looked toward Rikka or Azumi. He did not say anything else, just continuing to walk.

The group settled inside a café after some time, having traveled to a few areas around. They had passed by the Rec Room that had once been run by someone named Pete, a "Fruitball" court that Kara had quickly moved them through, and more, but this one, near the entrance, seemed the most peaceful. It was not devoid of noise, so they did not need to whisper, but it also was not full of too much sound, so they did not need to shout. Just enough to be able to keep themselves roughly hidden amongst the crowd.

Together, the engineer had apparently gotten them ice cream as a group. Azumi was not exactly about to argue, as while she did try to keep in shape, she had realized that for some reason, food in these worlds did not seem to change her physique or physicality at all. That, and she had heard of the foods in this world once, now that she had realized it. While Newton had taken a "Fabracadabra" flavor, Azumi herself had tried out a simpler "Donald Fizz" bar, which was blue, fizzed as the name implied, and looked like... some kind of duck with a hat? She was beyond arguing or asking, though, licking it and occasionally putting her mouth around it, but always keeping her hood up so that only about her nose down would be seen to most.

Naito had taken a "Honeybunny" himself, a cone with apple and honey flavors made into the shape of a rabbit, muttering something about rice as he licked it. He had not spoken up, but Azumi had a feeling he had paid for their meals to make up for his outburst. Or perhaps so they would forget it. Either one worked for her, given she was low on funds herself.

"So," the military one among them started after a bit of silence. "Anything you want to know about us? Can't say I can explain it all. Or most of it, really."

Shining Goetia

Post by Shining Goetia Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:07 pm

Kara simply walked with Naito, keeping close to him. The walk back to the entrance was relatively uneventful, not counting her insistence on hurrying the group through the Fruitball court. Once they reached the place, the engineer quickly got them a table then went to order some ice cream for everyone, yes, even James. Despite her mistrust of him, he had been behaving so she figured the least she could do is treat him to some food.

That didn't mean she was softening up her view on him, just that she wanted to focus more on Naito. Kara was worried about him, even though he seemed calmer and even paid for the treats to make up for his earlier outburst. The engineer to another bite of her Fabracadabra flavor, having picked it because she was amused by the name of the ice cream, as Azumi asked about what they wanted to know about them. "Yeah... Let's start with you. You've got darkness powers yet.... You're different not because of those powers. I just get the feeling you come from somewhere else. So if it's not much trouble, where are you from?"
    Sorin
    Sorin

Post by Sorin Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:16 pm

Ice cream wasn't exactly the first thing James wanted to eat but Kara was paying for it so it would be rude to decline. He just grabbed a HoneyBunny as it was the closest thing to regular ice cream that he could find.

"Being rather forward with that aren't you." James couldn't help but comment on Kara's question. It was one he was interested in hearing as well but he wouldn't start out asking that. He would have waited, danced around it for a little before asking. Since Kara beat him to the punch he would take the moment to learn as much as he can about his current companions as he could. After all, having all the information he could get would make his future hunts so much more fun.

Rikka frowned at Kara as she put a spoonful of her Goofy Parfait into her mouth. She agreed with James that it was rather tactless to ask especially so bluntly. After everything Azumi had just went through Rikka was still concerned as she glanced over at the soldier, worried about her reaction. She knew Azumi the best out of the group and heard about her past from her in a rather intimate moment, so Rikka was unsure if she was willing to tell it to such a large group.
    Gregzilla
    Gregzilla

Post by Gregzilla Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:59 pm

Despite her loosened willpower, there were some things that Azumi still kept close to the chest, one of them being her home. She had not been there in so long, or perhaps not so long? Time did not flow in the Realm of Darkness, after all. Still, training under the authorities had only heightened her reluctance to speak on that particular element of her life. Even if it did not matter, she was not about to give it up.

Naito, meanwhile, did not respond much at all. He was just licking his ice cream, keeping to himself for the most part. What did he know about social mores anyway, given his distinctly different cultural experiences?

"Far off," was the only response given to the green-skinned engineer, the hooded woman's expression remaining relatively stoic. "Probably haven't heard of it." That aside, she just sat there, keeping close to the angel and the man keeping her from getting sick. After a minute or so of silence she spoke up again. "Not really in the habit of giving too much classified intel if I can help it. But one thing I do know is these people aren't likely to think kindly of me for having access to those abilities, if you can call them that. That, and how could you even tell, beyond my condition? I have taken great care not to use them in the open here, if I could even help it or use them in his presence anyway."
    Shining Goetia

Post by Shining Goetia Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:36 pm

Kara's response to James was to make a very rude gesture with her hand. However, she couldn't deny that he was right in her forwardness. The engineer was just too curious about Azumi. Having saw how she handled Naito made her wonder if the woman had also gone through something similar to him. Still, she didn't miss Azumi's mention of classified intel, meaning at the very least, the latter was used to secretive work. This made Kara more curious about her but decided not to push.

"I ended up in another world when the Convergence happened." She admitted, taking another bite of her ice cream. "Except I ended up out cold, outside in the freezing cold. I'm still carrying the souvenir from when that happened." The engineer continued, not bothering to point out hat said souvenir was, it being the R.I.G. on her back. "I woke up alone, like something out of a horror movie or game. I ran into two other soldiers and tried to escape the place. We found a third one and he shot both of them. Asshole almost got me but I think I managed to brain him hard. I lost consciousness and woke up in Radiant Garden."

She finished explaining, giving the group a moment to digest her story. "That's why I can tell the difference between people from different worlds. So the way you helped Nai, thanks again for that, made me think you must've gone through some worse shit than I have. As for the darkness powers, it's because how you're reacting to this world. There's something here folks call the Cornerstone of Light. Seeing your reaction to this place, I just put two and two together."
    Sorin
    Sorin

Post by Sorin Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:47 pm

James listened as he ate his ice cream. He wasn't surprised that Azumi didn't give much information though the words she used seemed to imply she might be a soldier of some kind. After all "classified intel" was a rather unique way of describing one's past. Though as he listened to Kara's past she didn't really give much information as her description of the first world she landed on was just too vague for him to figure out.

"Well since we are on the subject, I've been a Converger myself for a good amount of time. I started in Radiant Garden as well and learned of my ability from Merlin. While I've traveled I've been to a few worlds where the people there weren't exactly friendly towards me due to my power. I try not to advertise it as I don't know how someone will react to losing their magic or power. I'd appreciate it if you could keep it to yourselves." James said as he paused in eating his ice cream. Since his powers were out, might as well try to limit how spread it was.

"I've only been to a few worlds and also first found myself on Radiant Garden. There I found myself with these wings and my hair dyed and eyes changed. Azumi actually was the first person I met and she helped me into town." Rikka said, figuring she might as well throw in her own origin. Rikka briefly thought about asking Naito about his world as he seemed to be from the Realm of Waking like Azumi but after his breakdown earlier, it might be best to avoid that subject.

"So Kara, is that green skin of your's the result of the Convergence like with my wings?" Rikka asked to change the topic.
    Gregzilla
    Gregzilla

Post by Gregzilla Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:18 am

Azumi listened to Newton's story, noting her phrasing about shooting someone. Apparently she was used to it, and not a common civilian? As she explained the reasoning for her being able to understand what the other woman could do, there was a sigh and a nod. "Fair enough. Welcome, then. Seen some..." Azumi took a breath, looking over at Naito before stopping talking about that and just letting it sit.

Naito, meanwhile, just watched and listened. He was quiet as ever, just watching the others, like the strange hooded woman and the somewhat odd man who was her companion. Rikka explaining herself helped to settle his nerves. At least she was not a born Celestial.

On the other hand, Azumi nodded appreciatively to Rikka for changing the subject, giving the slightest of smiles in return to her mentioning how she helped. She did not intrude any further, simply staying between the angel and the power-limiting man.
    Shining Goetia

Post by Shining Goetia Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:06 pm

"Not really." Kara finally replied to Rikka after hearing her and James explain their own beginnings as Convergers. "What happened was Merlin told me when I woke up in Radiant Garden that I had a strong connection to nature and that he could wake it up for me. I told him to go ahead and he did. I admit I was excited I could use magic but finding my body changed like this as a result... Took me a bit to calm down from the freak out I had. I mean no everyday you suddenly become part plant and get green skin as a permanent change when you weren't expecting it, right?"

The engineer took a few more bites of her ice cream, glancing at Naito. Even she was curious on what his story was, but she knew better than to ask, especially as she learned more about him and his issues. Kara was getting worried about him more and more, but seeing the way Azumi helped him made one thing clear. The engineer had no idea how to help him besides just trying to be there for him. "Then I went to Agrabah, not admittedly a smart move, considering my change. But one good thing was that I met Nai there." She simply smiled at Naito.
    Sorin
    Sorin

Post by Sorin Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:08 pm

Rikka nodded as Kara gave her explanation. "How interesting, that you had to have your magic unlocked by Merlin while my own were awakened as soon as I became a Converger. There truly does feel like there is no rhyme or reason behind what happens with it." Rikka said as she finished up her ice cream. It was delicious and it was a nice snack to have after the worry and stress she had earlier over Azumi.

"That is the same with me, although it took me some time to figure out my own abilities." James added. "As you might imagine I was only able to work them out when I got close to some magic. It's unfortunately not something I can control. Though at least this time it seems to have worked out for the better." James looked towards Azumi and gave her a small smile. It would be best to keep up a close relation to Azumi as that seems like it could allow him to connect to Rikka. Kara seemed to be too suspicious of him right now, so he would step back from trying anything with her. That also prevented him from doing anything towards Naito but James was patient, he could wait.
    Gregzilla
    Gregzilla

Post by Gregzilla Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:45 pm

Azumi looked over at Newton and Naito. "Changing in the worlds is... not exactly out of the question. I would know." She looked at the remains of her ice cream, finishing with a lick. "Thanks for the treat, kid," she noted to the latter.

The Moon Tribesman nodded, then lowered his eyes again. He was getting uncomfortable here, even still.

Azumi didn't quite smile at Mercier in return, but did nod in appreciation. It seemed less due to not liking him, and more due to just having lessened response overall. "Thank you for all of your help. We'll keep in touch, I imagine."

She was quiet for some time, finally speaking up. "I really need to get going. I needed to get to the tower, to see Master Yen Sid. To get any information I could about her." A turn to Rikka. "Think you still want to come with me, then?"

"Finished?" Naito spoke up, looking to Kara. He was still noticeably uncomfortable around Rikka, but had at least somewhat calmed himself down.
    Shining Goetia

Post by Shining Goetia Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:46 pm

"I'm pretty sure a lot of Convergers will know said changes soon enough. That'd be my guess." Kara replied as she finished her ice cream. She moved her hand and grabbed Naito's, knowing he was still feeling uncomfortable. The engineer got up and nodded at him when he asked if she was done. "We'll take our leave then." She nodded at both Rikka and Azumi, not sparing a glance for James. While the latter had behaved himself really well, Kara was still judging him based on her own past experiences, even though all evidence showed the blonde Converger had been nothing but helpful to them.

"It was good meeting you guys. Take care, Azumi." She said and turned around to leave. "Make sure Goose doesn't bend her neck so down she'll bury her head." The engineer quickly pulled Naito along towards the Save Point and quickly boarded her ship before the others would get a chance to comment on her reply to Rikka. "Sorry about that, Nai."

Kara let out a sigh and stared at him with a worried look. "I couldn't help you this time either..."
    Sorin
    Sorin

Post by Sorin Sun Apr 10, 2022 4:26 pm

"Well it was nice meeting you all. Take care Azumi." James said as he stood up and made to go his own way. As he walked off a small smile appeared on his face. His first encounter with other Convergers and it went remarkably well. He seemed to have gotten close to Azumi and by extension Rikka, meanwhile Naito seemed more neutral. Kara seemed to distrust him but right now it can easily be brushed off as paranoia on her part. He hadn't done anything that could actually cause her to distrust him so he could use that in the future. Today turned out to be a rather good day indeed.

Rikka's eye twitched slightly at that nickname Kara gave her but didn't give a real reply to it as she bid farewell to the rest of the group. Turning back to Azumi, the angel helped her to the Save Point since she would no longer be protected by James' abilities.

"Of course. Now hopefully this time we should be able to get there without you getting shot down." Rikka replied as she pulled her into the Save Point, ready for the two of them to be beamed up to her ship, as Azumi would likely need to get a new one.
    Gregzilla
    Gregzilla

Post by Gregzilla Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:54 pm

Azumi just rolled her eyes to the apparent insult toward Rikka. It didn’t make much sense to her. She had rarely seen such a bird, but knew it was one. Regardless, she replied to Newton first. "I'll take that under advisement. If you need to work on what I did, just try to be patient. I wouldn’t know him well, but I can tell there is… something to it."

After that, she looked toward James, smiling a bit in return. "Yeah, I'll see y-ugh…"

Mid-sentence, her headache began to kick in as she came away from James. Simply nodding to the three so as to avoid becoming ill again due to the overwhelming light, she boarded Rikka's ship thereafter.

Naito, meanwhile, just shuffled his feet a bit, staying near to Kara. He did not really register anything having been sad that was wrong. He was wary of James Mercier, but not so much that he would insult him. Masami-tenshi was different, but… he felt better with her away from him and his potential harm. Regardless, he left with Kara soon after, off to work more, to calm himself. He was embarrassed at all he had caused, but was not one to stay around if he did not need to do so.

On board, Azumi took a deep breath, her headache subsiding. "I need to train more…" she muttered to herself, looking over at Rikka as she could see clearer. Her emotions were starting to flare up again, but she forced them down, her confusion at the situation, coupled with her anger and fear at causing such a detour, kept in check to fuel her later if need be. The only hint of her state was a momentary flash of shadow around her hands, itself dissipating quickly.

Those three down below were decent enough. James was rather nice, though his powers perhaps would need getting used to. Newton was a bit abrasive, though she was good looking like he was, and perhaps needed a bit better of a social filter. Naito, on the other hand… he seemed haunted somehow. If necessary, she would be looking into ways to neutralize him if it came to it, but his issues were familiar enough that it may have not been a problem just yet.

"Rik," she said to the angel. "If you could, I think we need to get to the Master. But if you don’t want to stay with me for it, that is fine."

(Ok I’m done with it. If you two want to you can make your exits. Sorry for the delay on it all over time.)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 7:00 pm