The Great Convergence: ReMix

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Great Convergence: ReMix

A remade video game crossover RP, based around the concepts of Kingdom Hearts

2 posters

Diametrical Builders

Gregzilla
    Gregzilla

Diametrical Builders Empty Diametrical Builders

Post by Gregzilla Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:45 am

(This topic takes place after "Sundrops Anew" for Gregory Zivaku, and after "Strange Minds" for the other character coming.)

First District

Barring the occasional incursion, things had been more or less calm in this town of refugees. The departure of some of the inhabitants of Radiant Garden, the world once known as Hollow Bastion to those who did not remember it or care for it much, had been disheartening on some level, but with the sudden reappearance of two previously unseen entire districts of the town itself, one for shopping, and another for entertainment.

A young man walked the streets of the town, a small walking stick in front of him as he did. He was using it in a similar fashion to that of a blind man, casually tapping the ground in front of him as he walked, just a foot or two ahead to judge where he was going. From the blindfold over his eyes, it was entirely likely that he was, in fact, blind, be it physically or otherwise due to some injury or neurological condition. However, nothing could be further from the truth, as he, in some ways, saw better than most people, just in a different way.

Gregory Zivaku had been to a few areas around this town. He had heard some of the rumors, from talk about the departure of people like "Leon" to a traumatizing experience with a monstrous woman suddenly appearing before she had been forced out to avoid her injuring a little girl, as well as the existence of certain areas and curious, odd goings-on. While not everyone in this town could fight, they were often on guard just in case of an attack, owing to having escaped their worlds' descent. Considering at least a few of these people had grown up or even been born here, including those as old as their early teens or more, there was something of a stable community that had given him directions around.

From the Gizmo Shop toy production facility in the Second District to the homes of some remaining magic users in the proverbial "Zero District" offshoot from the Third, residential, District, he had seen a lot as he had casually travelled, thinking to himself.

However, now it was time to take a bit of a break from the walk, sitting down on a bench as he thought to himself. There was not a lot in the way of magic to learn here, but he was always open to new opportunities, wherever they happened to be coming from.
    Shining Goetia

Diametrical Builders Empty Re: Diametrical Builders

Post by Shining Goetia Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:35 am

"This place is bigger than it looked in the game." Kara commented as she walked into the First District. This was the first world that came to mind when Naito had asked her where he should drop her off. Looking around, the engineer barely noticed people were out on the streets right now. She did see a person here or there as she passed the shop where the synthesis shop was, but no crowds.

As Kara passed by a bench with someone sitting on it, she stopped for a moment to make a holographic screen appear in front of her and look through her blueprints. "Still, I need to work on this weapon. Nai's advice was good but I still need a back up in case someone gets close to me and I don't have time to use my magic. Hmm... Really reconsidering the hammer. Too heavy to use it quickly like I wanted it to." She mumbled to herself and leaned against a street pole, sighing.
    Gregzilla
    Gregzilla

Post by Gregzilla Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:45 am

Behind his blindfold, Greg's golden eyes followed the figure before him, though without moving his head. He could see the magic of plant life twisting and turning beneath her skin, and from the brief glance, she appeared to be some form of dryad that had separated itself from a tree, distinct in skin tone from any around her by the verdant shade. On the other hand, she also was wearing some advanced technology, perhaps from another world altogether, one that oftentimes would not have any of that kind of advanced nature magic at all.

Her talk, such as he could hear, about building a hammer for battle seemed to show her to have the mind of an engineer, one who was tied more to technology. An unusual combination to be sure, and one that definitely stood out. Of course, there were a plethora of refugees here, but none seemed to be quite as unusual as this young woman before the runesmith.

There was also the fact that her style of thinking and her power that he could see would, on some level, be seen as a contradiction to those who were not capable of understanding how magic and technology could work together, how metal and plants could do the same. To that end, it was clear that this stranger was not of this world, nor of any single other one, but perhaps another thrust out into the cosmos in some way. And given how she did not seem to know precisely what she was doing with making gear, it was for the best, in his mind, that he help her along, even if it did not involve training her directly.

Though he did not turn in her direction, Greg spoke. "I couldn't help but overhear, miss. You needed help building something? It may not be best to talk about that particular type of equipment out in the open like this, particularly here in this town."
    Shining Goetia

Post by Shining Goetia Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:54 am

Kara was shaken out of her thoughts, and talking to herself in public by a voice. Moving away from the street light, she looked at the bench and saw the guy sitting there. The engineer noticed the blindfold he was wearing but quickly stopped focusing on it. While it was easy to assume the stranger was blind, she knew better than to simply assume he was. Kara was more annoyed she had been talking out loud to herself and someone else had to point it out to her, even though it was indirectly.

She simply walked towards the guy. "Sorry about that. Anyway, where would be a good place to talk about equipment like that in private? Do you have any idea?" The engineer asked but she kept her guard up. After the surprise involving Cain back in Agrabah, she was more cautious of dealing with strangers. "Also, how can you help in building something? Are you a mechanic? Engineer?"
    Gregzilla
    Gregzilla

Post by Gregzilla Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:37 am

"Something like that," Greg replied, pressing down his staff momentarily to stand up. He had considered changing its form then, but decided against it, not wanting to appear to be a hypocrite despite knowing that such an act would not arouse much suspicion in a place like this. While he did know where she was, and he did glance in her general direction when she spoke to him so as not to be rude, he did not give any overt impression that he could indeed see, or that he was just following her voice.

At that, he decided to finally answer the first series of questions. "There are apartment buildings, hotels, and a builder's workshop, depending on the location. We can discuss as we walk, unless you have one of the locations in mind." As he waited on a response, he took into account her tenseness, realizing why rather quickly. "I know that I am a stranger to you. My name is Gregory Zivaku. I am only interjecting to help, and simply wish to learn. What is your name, miss?"
    Shining Goetia

Post by Shining Goetia Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:08 pm

Kara still felt some suspicion from the man, Gregory. The fact that he pointed out he was a stranger to her felt like an attempt to get her guard down. And yet the fact that he only expressed a desire to help plus his calm demeanor told her otherwise. The engineer crossed her arms, weighting down her options. After a moment or two, she sighed and dropped her arms. "Newton. Kara Newton. The workshop is fine. Since you already know how to get there, I don't have to lead the way."

----------

Second District, Gizmo Shop

Kara had been quiet at first during the walk, still remembering how Cain had done nothing until they reached the destination. She had been watching Gregory the whole time, yet nothing had happened on the way there. The engineer sighed as they reached the shop and went inside, the constant sound of gears moving and working filling the place. She opened a hologram in front of her, having small files each marking a blueprint, most of them marked with rejected. Kara chose the latest one, having the design of a hammer and wrote rejected on it.

"This was my latest idea for a melee weapon." She explained, fiddling with the hologram. "I mean I'm not someone who's skilled in close quarters combat. But it'd also be stupid to not have a way to defend myself if someone gets close to me and I can't get away. I've had several ideas but none of them worked so far."
    Gregzilla
    Gregzilla

Post by Gregzilla Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:22 am

Greg rubbed his chin, thinking. He had heard about a hammer, but not much beyond that, and did not look too closely at the design. Instead he gave general commentary.

"Well, from the outset you should deal with a piece like this in reference to your own body type and musculature. You spoke of a hammer, but you also said it would be too heavy." The man leaned against a wall, resting the staff against his leg, but not letting it go. "There are ways to counterbalance and prevent loss of power on the swing, but if weight is an issue, something lighter may be best. Smaller, if you are seeking an emergency armament."

He let his hand down. "I take it you are an engineer from how you speak, but you also spoke of magic. Something to merge the two may be in order, a faster channel of abilities into a smaller container that can be switched to a more technological bent in a pinch. What exactly is your magic made from? What style do you use? Elemental? If so, what?" He already knew, but wanted to think further on what she knew about her own abilities first.
    Shining Goetia

Post by Shining Goetia Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:26 pm

"It's nature magic." Kara replied. She was wondering why Greg was asking so many details about her magic. That made the engineer nervous, but also considered he was wanting more details for another reason. She sighed and continued. "It's long distance. I can manipulate plants, but it also has water and wind properties. I have one wind spell and it's mostly for blocking vision. I can also make thorn armor and grow a bramble patch wherever I want close to my vicinity."

One Kara finished explaining, she closed the hologram and looked at the blindfolded man directly. "Now my turn to ask questions. Why did you want to know the details about my magic. We we're talking about my problem with making a backup weapon for close range in case of emergencies. Also, merging the two? While I did consider it, I'd need more experience pulling something like that. I mean my only means of magical offense is the spell that lets me make a bramble patch. My only offense is my tech, and I only have one weapon right now."
    Gregzilla
    Gregzilla

Post by Gregzilla Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:27 pm

Greg nodded as he listened. He was well aware that he would sound odd, and was prepared to discuss. Apparently she wasn't as easy to talk to as Jessica Mireu, but that was only natural.

So nature, but focused around the elements and flora, rather than fauna. That seems possible to work with, though adding in mechanical parts may be difficult.

Finally, he answered her. "That's only fair. I said I was an engineer of sorts, but my expertise is more along the lines of that of a blacksmith. The gear itself is enchanted in many cases." To demonstrate, he concentrated in on his walking stick, and it began to change shape, turning into a small baton that he turned around in his hand three hundred sixty degrees before restoring its prior length. "I do know how to make a variety of items, but it seemed best to know what you knew that you could do before giving any ideas."

As he spoke, he motioned with the stick toward the various mechanical parts moving around. "Everything works in a system. You just have to find out how it functions, how to maneuver them together if at all possible. Magic and science are not so disparate as to assume they cannot work together. For example, a wrist-bound knife could be used as a vessel to let out a whip of vines by applying the right seeds into a channel, or to apply poison or an enhanced, protected barrier of oak to the same blade with another. A hammer run on gears can run using not coal or oil, but pure magical energy of nature to work especially well outside of technology's binds. A blowpipe can be used to transmit enchanted plant matter to assail a target from afar."

At that, he stopped. "But if you prefer not to try those options, or not to deal with me, that is absolutely fine as well. I merely try to learn and help, and would require knowing what kind of experience you have in any forms of combat or athleticism at all, no matter how miniscule, to find what is best for you."

He did not mention that the only reason he was electing to help at this stage was so that she would not go around creating something to hurt herself, especially given she seemed, while wary, relatively harmless.
    Shining Goetia

Post by Shining Goetia Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:37 pm

Kara watched as Greg's walking stick changed length and stared at it. The revelation that he was a blacksmith actually made her relax a bit more. The engineer listened to his own ideas involving weapons she could use for close range. While the hammer sounded nice, she had already discarded that idea and she didn't want to use the blowpipe, it felt antiquated to her and she didn't want to hear crude jokes involving it neither, the last one she was more preoccupied with. That left the knife idea for her, which Kara admitted fully got her interest.

"Look, I really appreciate the help. I'm just wound up after running into a guy I thought was decent but turned out to have nasty intentions." She replied, sighing. "Last I saw him, he took a black stone. Another guy I know touched it and he froze. I went to tend to him and the other guy, Cain, ran away with the stone. Yes, his name is Cain. I'm getting off topic." The engineer shook her head to refocus herself on what she wanted to say. "I actually prefer the knife idea, to be honest. That one's more versatile and can be hidden from out of view. I mean a wrist-bound...." The realization suddenly came to her. "Your idea is a Hidden Blade?"
    Gregzilla
    Gregzilla

Post by Gregzilla Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:00 pm

Greg tilted his head in confusion, having listened to the talk of this 'Cain' and her friend, perhaps the 'Nai' she had mentioned earlier. "The blade would be hidden, yes. But I assume you mean some kind of specific variation." He turned his head down in thought. "I could design it, but a mechanical armament may take some time. Either way, I would need a connection for your particular mana signature. The power that inhabits you, specifically."

He thought a moment once more, turning vaguely in her direction. "Some beings have their power come from external sources. Some variations on humanity cannot even use internal magic at all without specific training, while others have it as natural as breathing." He paused, letting her think on that, then continued. "Pardon my intrusion, but... are you purely human? I know better than to go by appearance, for obvious reasons."
    Shining Goetia

Post by Shining Goetia Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:56 pm

"Uh yeah, I do." Kara replied, that being all she would say on the matter of the Hidden Blade. Even if she was talking to a Converger, she just didn't feel like explaining something about the series where it came from. The engineer had lost track of it after the end of the first saga and Unity came out. She had been lucky not to touch that game then shook her thoughts out to focus on the current conversation.

Kara looked at Greg as he asked if she was human. This time, she looked away, but more out of being unsure of herself. "I... honestly don't know. When Merlin awoke my magic, my body changed to this. I still look the same before the green skin and I can use my magic since then. But I really don't know if I'd still count as human. I do know this, I can't go to worlds that resemble where I come from without being seen as a freak. Not that I'm in a hurry to go to such places. That's as much as I can tell you."
    Gregzilla
    Gregzilla

Post by Gregzilla Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:23 am

Greg nodded as he heard her reaction to his question, his expression solemn. "I am so sorry if I upset you. I just require knowing so as to see how exactly to make this work." Afterwards, he muttered a bit to himself. Something about dryads, druids, and more. As he did, his accent periodically changed, as if he could speak each of the languages associated fluently enough that it was second nature.

Once he was done, he snapped his fingers, the hint of a golden glow coming off of them if one looked closely, but gone just as soon as it appeared. "I can put together a rough concept to tell you within twenty to thirty minutes. Not a written schematic, for reasons you would understand, but word of mouth. It will take far longer for me to put it all together, to forge the entire armament, from heating the metal down to putting it all together." A moment as he let that sink in. "I overheard you earlier talking about a friend and plans. If necessary, I can give what I have to you, and you can carry it over. I can still forge the metal and put together the basic parts, but the mechanical aspect, if you are looking for something more complex and technological, I can have you deal with. How complex do you wish for? An out-the-front switchblade? A pivot style?"

Again, he paused. "As for your magic, I believe that it is integrated into your being, and not a style that is taught to others. A species-based magical system. Given your skin has, to your word, turned green, it seems that it has had an effect on your internal physiology. I may need some internal samples. I apologize, but I am not a medical practitioner. I know one but... it's best not to go to him about this. If you have any means to provide, be it through some blood or something else, anything that has changed since your transformation, please put it together in a vial of some sort and I will see what I can do. This all may take a long time if you want me to do so myself."
    Shining Goetia

Post by Shining Goetia Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:52 pm

"Oh no, it's fine. I was only unsure. I haven't had to think about it until now." Kara replied, doing her best to assure Greg. She did blink as she heard him mumble some words. The engineer couldn't understand them, since each word sounded as if it was spoken in a different language to her. She nodded in response to his mention of the rough schematic. "Sure, that sounds fair. As you said, you're a blacksmith. I'll trust your judgement on making the weapon."

At the mention of her friend and plans, Kara frowned. "I don't think I ever mentioned plans but yeah. From what I saw, he specializes in magitek and I think psychic tech too. Still, while you idea could work, I'd rather trust in your expertise. I think out the front switchblade works" She blinked at his mention of her magic changing her body, something she already figured out. But the possibility of her physiology changing was not one she considered and made her wonder what more of her body changed.

"Wait, why can't we use the person you know? Are they the shady kind?" Kara asked. She wondered why Greg didn't want to go to this person they knew about her own changes. It wasn't like this medical practitioner would greet someone covered in blood with a smile on their faces and lying their ass off about it, or letting the person they're greeting jump to the wrong conclusion with a simple shrug. "Anyway, sure. I'll send it to you when I can. I'll need to get a vial first."
    Gregzilla
    Gregzilla

Post by Gregzilla Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:30 pm

"You did mention working on something with this person before, so I assumed you had plans. I could easily be wrong." The man thought to himself as he stood there, talking partly to himself, partly to her, as he considered the project. "Well, an out-the-front switchblade, as we discussed, is a definite option. Also possible is a channel for your abilities... I will find appropriate methods, likely make it appear as greenery or oaken bark." With that, he turned in her direction again, despite his hidden eyes. "If I were to make any other adjustments, they would require you to be able to handle them. If not strength, then dexterity and reflexes may be key. More the former than the latter, unless you are too overzealous and injure yourself."

On the subject of the medical ally, he just barely held back a sigh. "No... Well, yes, he is, but I do not deal with him for those things at all. His business is his own, but does cross paths with a variety of species along the way. Best we don't go further down that route." He was glad that she did change pace quickly, however. "There should be shops nearby, able to purchase all sorts of things. Even if it is not a vial in and of itself, you're likely to find other kinds of containers. Would you want to talk with me another time, or come back soon to this place? I have no business elsewhere, but the actual work would take a lot more to put together, and might be dangerous for you."

He did not mention why, but it was mainly that he was unsure if his divine fire would have a worse effect on her chlorophyllic, possibly sylvan physiology.
    Shining Goetia

Post by Shining Goetia Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:17 pm

"Well, yes they're plans. But they don't involve what we're talking about." Kara clarified. She listened to his explanation on her options and that further adjustments through either strength or dexterity and reflexes. The engineer looked at her own arms in response. "Definitely not strength. I doubt I could punch someone without hurting myself. I am pretty dexterous though, so maybe make it with that in mind." She looked back up at Greg. Her expression changed into a frown as she heard about the medical expert.

"Oh good, I can buy one then." Kara said, deciding not to return to the subject of the medical expert. "Sure, I wouldn't mind talking to you another time. I dunno if I'll come back here later. That all depends on the future." She added, leaning against a wall in the shop. "I can understand the work taking a lot and being dangerous. I mean blacksmiths deal with fire..." The engineer shuddered at the thought of flames, she would always be afraid of fire, no matter what. "That reminds me, you can call me through my RIG. I was told by Merlin that a type of phone was made that Convergers can use to speak to each other. I don't need it but if you have it, you can call me through the Gummiphone. That way, we can decide on a meeting place when you're done."
    Gregzilla
    Gregzilla

Post by Gregzilla Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:56 pm

The apparently blind blacksmith nodded as she talked about the 'plans.' If they were something dangerous, he would deal with them in due time. If not, they were not of his concern, so he wouldn't ask. Instead, he just rested his hand on his 'walking stick.' "If you could tell the number at which I can reach you, it would be most appreciated. If not, then I will be back here within a week."

He let that sit, and continued onward. "You may have to come to my workplace to hand over the material. Afterwards, I will likely complete it within at most several days, including research and applications of how to integrate the magic into the metal, once I know which metals to use. But be warned," he added, "I am not doing this to hurt anyone, so do not come to me for that." As much as he enjoyed creating things, he was no merchant of death.

"Now, is there anything else you would like to know?"
    Shining Goetia

Post by Shining Goetia Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:32 pm

Kara nodded and gave Greg the number from which he could get in touch with her. "Sure Just tell me where you live and I'll get everything to you." The engineer added. "I'm only asking for a weapon for self-defense, like I said earlier. I'm no murderer." She thought for a moment, wondering what else to ask the blindfold wearing blacksmith. Kara still wasn't sure if he was blind or not and she didn't want to be the one addressing the elephant in the room.

"I am curious about your process." She finally spoke. "The one that you use to integrate magic into metal. How do you do that? Does it have a complex process? Is it as simple as infusing magic directly into the metal or do metals have a conductivity ratio with magic as well?" The engineer looked at Greg, her curiosity over his work process no longer held back.
    Gregzilla
    Gregzilla

Post by Gregzilla Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:21 pm

Greg listened, aware that she was likely telling the truth about needing a weapon for self-defense, but also not leaving the idea of lashing out in anger away from his mind. He knew there was a breaking point for almost anyone.

Regardless, he let her move on. "I am able to weave magic into materials, yes, along with molding the metals to the right shapes once melted, and using their intrinsic properties. Of course, I make sure to have the right materials to start with, but... It functions through specific runic sigils, and learning them can be dangerous. One can mean various different things, and applying it incorrectly can lead to unintended effects." He paused to let that sink in. "It may seem akin to a science, and in some places perhaps it is, but while you do seem capable in some ways, the overriding principles may be too much to handle. Why do you ask?"

He did not want to overwhelm her, but he also knew that if she wanted her work done, she had to go out and get what he had asked for.
    Shining Goetia

Post by Shining Goetia Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:43 pm

"Sheer curiosity mostly." Kara replied. "I mean I'm an engineer. It's rare for me to talk to someone else about their craft and your blacksmithing sounded different from your average metalworking so I got curious." She added and turned away from Greg. "Anyway, I'm gonna go and get the things you need. Don't wanna distract you from your work." The engineer walked towards the door, ready to leave. She looked back and waved at Greg. "I didn't forget the blood. Later."

With that, Kara left the Gizmo shop. She continued walking, right towards the entrance to the First District. The engineer remembered a lot of details about the world, but the location of Save Points were a different story. The only one she could remember was in the synthesis shop, which was her destination. Going into the shop, Kara took the chance to purchase a vial to place her blood in then stepped into the Save Point and warped to her ship.

"Well, time to continue traveling. I'll just get those things for him first." Kara noted to herself as she set the autopilot of her ship.

(You can end it, Greg.)
    Gregzilla
    Gregzilla

Post by Gregzilla Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:49 am

Greg nodded as she left, and walked out of the shop. He kept using his staff as a walking stick, albeit not necessarily in the same way as someone who was blind may tap the ground in front of their feet. He had no real missions to speak of, nothing beyond his basic research and applications, so he was in no hurry.

These worlds, that woman... it was all rather interesting. Quite a few people roaming the worlds appeared to be near-human, though not having been that way initially. Or perhaps he had just gotten an unusual sampling between the few he had personally met. Either way, it was no matter. All he wanted to do was learn, to create, to defend if possible. As of yet, there had not been much in the way of serious dangers outside of the few he had nearly activated before finding out what he was doing wrong. Still, it was best to be prepared, though not to the point of paranoia.

Regardless, it was likely time to go back to the forge, to begin discerning what materials to use for this new project. The runesmith continued walking, heading toward the double doors out into the worlds without much trouble, before exiting to his own ship.

It may be a time of relative peace, at least overtly here, but he knew better than to assume that the status of the realms would stay that way.

(And done. Thanks.)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:21 am